Talking About a Frightening Experience in Your Entire Life
May 14, 2016
One of the scariest experiences of my life was when I lived in an apartment with my family where I grew up.
There were three rooms including a Japanese room, with a living and dining room. Most of the floor was covered with carpet, except the Japanese room and kitchen. The entrance door was made of metal.
My dad's snoring was crazy, so he always slept in the different room by himself. And my mom, my little sister and I used to sleep together in the Japanese room.
One night, I went to the Japanese room to go to my futon after I did some work. I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. After a while, I got sleep paralysis. I couldn't move my body. I couldn't even open my eyes.
Then I felt like some lady was holding my right hand, even though everybody else was sleeping well.
A few seconds later, the lady ghost suddenly grabbed both of my ankles and started dragging my body. My back felt like it was being dragged along the carpet floor. She kept dragging my body until my feet reached the metal entrance door. The sole of my feet felt cold on the door. After that my body was back to the initial position.
I had the frightening experience not only once, but several times. I've heard the lady's laughing at that time.
Now, my little sister and her kids live in the apartment. My niece told me that there was something in the Japanese room. But I've never heard from her like dragging her body or something. I guess it was the same lady ghost. She is still there.
I've never seen the ghost, but I've never been so scared in my entire life.
- Speech Series
- Talking About Your Views on Technology
- Talking About a Memorable Historical Event
- Talking About Your Hopes and Plans
- Talking About a Past Era
- Talking About a Favorite Building
- Talking About a Significant Experience in Your Life
- Talking about a Controversial Topic
- Talking About a Frightening Experience in Your Entire Life
- Talking About Global Issues
- Talking About a Travel Experience
- Talking About Best and Worst TV Shows
- Talking About a Memorable Relative
- Describing a Favorite Restaurant
- Talking about a Tradition You Admire
- Talking about the Firsts
- Talking About Working Style
- How to Improve your English?
- Speech Series